Monday, April 30, 2007

Little Chef and Cleaner


I know I already did a blog today, but I couldn't resist sharing this! Taylor took a early nap resulting in a later cat nap. I made the mistake of waking her right about the time that I needed to start dinner (I wanted her to sleep tonight!). The only way I was able to prepare dinner and keep her from wanting to be held was to pull a chair next to me and let her help! She really just held a can of soup most of the time watching what I was doing, but as soon as I started putting the cheese on top she wanted to help! She was eating it faster than I could grate it! Notice the picture where there is a corner of the enchiladas with barely any cheese!


After we were done preparing and the enchiladas were cooking we moved over to the sink to clean. Once again, a chair was pulled up so she could help! She mostly played with the wooden spoon under the water, but she let me get stuff done!


When I was younger I always remembered helping my Grandma Rios make homemade tortillas. I loved it! Now, Taylor is getting to the age where she will help a little more (and hopefully grow up loving it like I did!). It was a fun cooking/cleaning evening!
**Just ignore my messy counters in some of the pictures!**

1 comment:

Kristen said...

That is so cute! I love that she was "helping" you!