Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Canning

This is what I did all morning....

May not look like much, but to me it's a first! My first time EVER canning something!
My SIL Maren and I teamed up to make a TON of applesauce. I actually use alot of applesauce. Instead of oil in my cookies, cakes, and breads I substitute applesauce. Tastes the same and less fat! :)
Also when I was pregnant and right after I had Taylor I would eat it for breakfast.
MMMMM...can't wait to try out some homemade yummy applesauce!

3 comments:

Deidra said...

It's so satisfying, isn't it? A lot of work, but looking at the rows of jars makes it worth it!

Robnz Fam said...

Wow! I'm so impressed! I just buy canned foods for food storage...this is a MUCH better idea, and well worth the work!

Nicole said...

Impressive! Did you buy a pressure cooker, or borrow one? You do have to use a pressure cooker, right?