Wednesday, August 13, 2008

1st "Professional" Haircut



I finally broke down and took Taylor in for her first 'professional' haircut today. Last week when Troy and I went to Whit's wedding there was a little girl that had her hair cut in a little a-line, that sparked my commitment to get Taylor in!

She kind of freaked out when we first showed her the chair she was to sit in. And really started squirming when Delfie started to comb through her hair, but she settled down and we ended up with her in my lap, facing me, eating some cookies & watching Curious George on my MP3 Player. Delfie was surprised when she let her blow dry her hair and use the round brush in it....she has been having me dry her hair like that for a long time so that was 'normal' to her.

I think it turned out soooo cute and it really makes her hair look super thick! I am still really indecisive if I really want to keep her bangs or grow them out! Right now they are still short enough to wear them down, but not for much longer!

What do you guys think?? Keep them or grow them out?



12 comments:

Ben and Sara said...

I love her haircut, it turned out really cute!! I think she looks good with bangs and with no bangs. I grew Abby's bangs out last year because it was just easier to pull them back and not have to try to curl them so they looked good. Maybe you could keep them long enough that you could still pull them back if you wanted to.

megan said...

I seriously love it! That is how I wish I could have my hair! I say keep the bangs! so cute!

Patty P said...

I vote bangs also!

Lindsay said...

How cute! I absolutely love Taylor's new cut! I am in the same boat with Kaitlyn's bangs. I think I'll keep them for a while, until I am completely sick of them.

Cederberg Family said...

Very cute haircut!!! I think she is cute with bangs, but I am sure she would be cute either way!!!

Nate Sarah Cooper and Hank said...

Love it so cute, Taylor looks all grown up! I love the bangs keep em!

SAYDA said...

I love her hair. I like the bangs too. She looks so cute.
Sayda

SAYDA said...

I agree Alisha! I saw all the photos and I really think the one with you holding the baby deserved a 1st. I love that picture. I love all his photos. I didn't see the one with Taylor enjoying the flower. I think you should have entered that one. I think that one would have taken
1st. Oh well maybe last year?

Janiece said...

popping in from the call's page and read your post about photo judging...
I have to tell you I was so disapointed in the judging in photos the last few years, and even though I do not know you I know exactly which picture Sayda is speaking of...it is so sweet.

Robnz Fam said...

Oh Alisha. How are you feeling? Has it passed yet? I had that EXACT same thing. And yes, I knew exactly what you were talking about. I'm so glad Emi was still in the newborn stage of eating and sleeping all day when I got it because for that whole 48 hours I sat on the couch with her sleeping in my arms. I only moved for the bathroom. One thing that really helped me was heat and then cold...oh...or was it cold and then heat?? I can't remember. I'm sure the nurses told you. Anyway, let me know how you are doing!!!

Ok, so that haircut is ADORABLE!!!!!!! Love it. I love her bangs, but really, how do you decide with such a beautiful little girl that is gorgeous with chocolate cake smeared all over her face? hmmm...that's a tough one. Keep us posted.

Robnz Fam said...

Has it really been that long since I last checked your blog??? You had that infection on Aug. 8th?! Sorry, I was way off. HOPEFULLY you're doing much better now :0)

Jenni said...

I love her hair cut. It's so cute. I ended up growing Lizzie's bangs out because I didn't know how to cut them. It looks like you know how to handle bangs better then me and Taylor looks so cute with them. She'd look cute either way.