Thursday, May 17, 2007

Thanks Melissa!

Last Saturday, my sister Melissa watched Taylor for me during my Primary Activity Day. Taylor loves playing with Ashton and Melissa too! With Taylor's blonde hair she looks more like Melissa, so when she was younger I would never let Melissa carry her around the stores because people always thought she belonged to her and not me! Then as Taylor got older she was a little more vocal about choosing Melissa over me in public! :) Back to my story...
Melissa let Taylor do something I never let her do at home...be messy! The BIG things she told me about was pulling the videos out of the entertainment center and pulling all the wipes out of the container and dragging them around. Not thinking much of it at the time, I was laughing at how happy Taylor was when she was able to do all this. Now whenever I get out the wipes Taylor starts to scream because I won't let her pull all of them out of the box! I don't have the problem with the videos because our entertainment center has drawers up higher that she can't reach them...yet. She gets into the entertainment center, but it is mostly to get her toys out-they have a nice big spot! I really do let her play with toys and be messy, but to a point. When the mess gets to be too much I make her "help" pick them up through out the day. It's just not my personality (or Troy's) to let there be alot of messes. If it were Troy's choice he just wouldn't let her eat anything but milk and dry cereal because she makes too big of a mess. I don't mind an "eating" mess. At least it's contained to a small area. Toys bother me (and not so much with Troy) more. Our children are doomed to only have fun making messes at Aunt Melissa's or Grandma's (well not so much Grandma's upstairs since they remodeled-she is extra strict there now!!!)

Taylor had fun with a whole container of pudding awhile ago-went perfect with this post!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I think you have created a monster, maybe you should teach her how to be messy in a neat way! ;) Just kidding, that is such a great picture!