Friday, May 11, 2007

I Didn't Think This Purchase Through....


When it was time to "graduate" Taylor out of the infant carrier into a "bigger, forward facing" seat I didn't think it through very much. I LOVE this car seat, but when I bought it she was 10 months old, which made it winter time. I never thought ahead to summer time in it. I will start with the seat...it is mostly ALL black! Then there is the car...the Honda does NOT cool down very well at ALL! Before kids, Troy and I would DIE when we would get in it to go somewhere, and we were in the front seat with all the vents facing us! It takes forever to cool down and it feels like the air isn't coming out very strong when it is on MAX! You add the black car seat, the car, the BACKSEAT and you get one hot little chica! The poor girl is drenched in sweat by the time we get into town. Her hair is wet, the back of her shirt is soaked and her cheeks are so red! She is usually a pretty good kid in the car, but since the weather has turned nicer (it will only get worse too) she fusses the entire time we are driving...which probably doesn't help with the hot-ness. I feel bad for her. Maybe it is time to go through with getting the windows tinted or get the a/c looked at, like we have discussed for the past 4 years of marriage! :)

2 comments:

Nikkala said...

Check out the Raspberry Patch.

Kristen said...

I would've never thought about the black either! Poor little girl!